¡Hola! Welcome to our website. ESTAR (to be) is a very important verb to talk about things such as feelings and emotions, states and even actions in progress. You will have the chance to practice with a few exercises related to this topic in this nice worksheet. We hope you get the best out of it. Let’s start…
Students could work individually or in pairs to solve the exercises on this worksheet.
Give students a copy of the worksheet. This worksheet includes three exercises. For the first exercise, students must complete the chart with the proper conjugations of the verb ESTAR in Spanish for each subject pronoun. In the second one, they should take a look at the images above each sentence and then write the correct form of the verb ESTAR in the blanks for all 12 sentences. Finally, students should fill in the gaps in the paragraph about a family and their apartment using the right forms of ESTAR in the present tense too.
- Making Sentences using ESTAR in Spanish
- Feelings and Emotions in Spanish: List, Conversations and Quiz
- The Present Progressive in Spanish: ESTAR + Gerund
Students go around the classroom and ask five of their classmates three basic questions using the verb ESTAR in Spanish. They must write down their classmates replies so that they can then summarize and compare the information:
- Feelings, states and emotions: ¿Cómo estás tú?
- Location: ¿Dónde está tu mamá/papá/mascota/mejor amigo?
- Actions in progress: ¿Qué estás haciendo tú?